17 August 2008

Linking them up

I think I have made a specific link between two of my largest Trusinsky files/threads of research. One is a specific birth document for Eduard Truschinsky. The parents shown on it coincide with the parents of my 2nd largest file of Truschinskys. The occupation of the father is the same in both documents, as well. Additionally, the largest file centers in Livonia -before moving to Riga- while the 2nd largest file is in a different part of Kurland. The link for the two files is in a part of Kurland where they all come together, with dates, names and occupation aligning.

I have four files of Truschinskys of which I have been unable -to this point- to link together. All of the files have overlapping individuals in terms of witnesses to various births. That is not concrete evidence, but is certainly is circumstantial enough for one to assume there is a link. Of course, I need to do a bit more research (as usual), but I am beginning to feel more confident in making the link and possibly continuing for another generation or two. One of the documents suggests Prussia for a place of birth for an individual (finally!)

So much more will be made clear when I get around to ordering or examining online (when they are posted) the revision lists for Kurland and the Russian census of 189x! I just hope they still have records for the areas that I need...

That brings me to another, possibly stunning (okay, the most stunning thus far) revelation about the Truschinsky line...

No comments: