04 January 2008

Latvian Genealogy Records Online

The Latvian government is scanning and publishing online many documents that family genealogists want to view. Thus far, if one isn't familiar with some aspects of Latvian and/or Evangelical Lutheran organization, they may be a bit difficult to navigate. For example, when I've requested documents from the Family History Center through the LDS, I could search for them by a specific municipality or church. They don't seem to organize them in this way as far as I can see. Additionally, I can't seem to figure out how to print out the documents or save the image. If you check out the site and can figure out how to do so, PLEASE revisit this site and share with me how you did it! THANKS!!

You do have to register to use the site, but it is quick and free! Here's the link: http://www.lvva-raduraksti.lv/en.html

No comments: